Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Hurricane Approaching New York


A huge hurricane Sandy approaching  New York City. A situation seems alarming. The whole world is watching news and sharing the same concern. Me too, I'm watching live broadcast from the web, for example these webcams located in New York (click the blue words).

My friend Mr. Bao who lives in the city, wrote me few hours ago:

"Here in New York City, everybody is preparing for the coming of hurricane Sandy, which is expected to cause lots of damage. People have been rushing to stores to buy food and other daily necessities. I didn't do much in this regard because I don't think the storm will cause so much damage that people will be confined to their houses for a long time. But I will still pray that everything will turn out to be fine.
The city has taken a lot of precautions in preparation for the coming hurricane. Right now all public transportation, including subways and buses, has suspended its services. Hope everybody will be safe and sound after the storm hits New York City later today."


Please, keep us up to date, Bao. Stay safe and take care of yourself, my friend. We all pray for New York. May God save the City!

(This article is written at 6:52 PM in N.Y. time, Oct. 29. Some of the pictures added later.)


 




2 comments:

  1. Hi Teisuka,

    Thank you so much for your concern and prayer, my friend! I lost my internet connection late last night and just got it back. And I saw Michiko-san's email and your blog both expressing your concerns, thank you guys! The hurricane did cause lots of damage to the city, there were some flooding areas, some neighborhoods were left in dark overnight because of the power outage, and broken branches and twigs can be seen everywhere on the sidewalks -- it's quite a mess! All public transportation services are still suspended. My family and I are fine, thank God! Now we just stay at home relaxed because it's really hard for us to go anywhere. And the weather has not cleared up yet -- it's still windy (though much weaker than yesterday) and there are patches of showers from time to time. But the worst part has definitely been behind us! The whole city is recovering now, though it might take some time to restore everything.
    The storm has not affected my family and I that much other than the fact that we have been confined to our home. Actually, my son is kind of happy because he will have no school again tomorrow, for the third day in a row! But I'll have to go to work tomorrow.
    Thank you again for praying for us, my friend. I believe the power of prayer is limitless. We are safe and sound now, so don't worry about us. Hope you are enjoying your week now!
    Best,
    Bao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bao,

      Thank God you and your family are safe and alright! I'm glad and relieved to get your message, my friend. I'm sure it was really frightening storm, killed dozens of people and caused a millions of dollars of damages. :( Fortunatelly, hurricane didn't cause even more destruction. The power of prayer is an obvious, yes.. Blessings to you and your family in the future, too!

      Best wishes,
      Teisuka

      Delete