Friday, August 31, 2012

The Word for the Day

Afternoon (1846), a painting by George Inness.

Today I want to share one beautiful chapter from the Bible, to comfort everyone who feels lonely or sad. Please do not despair. See the light in the darkness. The light is there even though it would be hidden. You're not alone, because God is everywhere. This world is often so dark and cruel place, but behind the scenes there is such a thing as "Divine providence" (Russian: «Промысл Божий», Finnish: "Jumalan kaitselmus"). It means God's action and intervention in the world, His care for the world. All is under control, and finally everything will go well...

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."
-Psalm 23

The same chapter in Russian language:

«Господь – Пастырь мой; я ни в чем не буду нуждаться:
Он покоит меня на злачных пажитях и водит меня к водам тихим,
подкрепляет душу мою, направляет меня на стези правды ради имени Своего.
Если я пойду и долиною смертной тени, не убоюсь зла, потому что Ты со мной; Твой жезл и Твой посох – они успокаивают меня.
Ты приготовил предо мною трапезу в виду врагов моих; умастил елеем голову мою; чаша моя преисполнена.
Так, благость и милость да сопровождают меня во все дни жизни моей, и я пребуду в доме Господнем многие дни.»
-Псалом 22

P.S. Finally I add here one peaceful and beautiful Russian Orthodox Christian song named «Господи помилуй», in English: 'Lord, have mercy'. Enjoy and relax. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment