Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Days of Small Things



Lately, my faith has not been so strong. To be honest, it has been quite weak, and I often feel my faith is in crisis for one reason or another. During the last few days, I've been praying and reading The Bible more than I have done recently. Besides this, I have met three "angels". I'm talking about people who have been - perhaps without knowing it - angels sent by God to help me.

One day, when I was troubled and mad at some reason, my good friend adviced me, "Pray and be at peace, and if you can't, pray some more and fill your mind with religious music." Good advice, indeed. I have followed it now, and it really works.

On another day, when I was feeling low my other good friend sent me a message in which she finally said, "You're always in my prayers." It felt comforting to know someone is praying for me every single day, and she has promised to do it (I am also committed to pray for her).

Yesterday, one friend visited me and gave me a tiny Orthodox Icon. My friend had bought it from a flea market. I was very glad for this little gift (see the picture below). I really love Orthodox Icons, and my closest friends know that.

Three little things, but they are all remarkable and nice little events that strengthen my faith. The Bible says, "Who dares despise the day of small things" (Zechariah 4:10). I like this expression: "The day of small things." Truly beautifully said! We should always appreciate the small things, because we often have no big things. ( ̄ー ̄)

May God bless all of us in our daily lives.

Teisuka

P.S. If you want to fill your mind with a peaceful religious music, you can listen to the video above. It includes the full album called Valaam Monastery Choir - Chants from Valaam, a total of 69 minutes of soothing sacred music. More specifically, it is Orthodox Christian choir music.

A tiny (4 x 5 cm) Orthodox Icon depicting Jesus Christ.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Teisuka,
    Thank you for this wonderfully written blog. I'm listening to the peaceful religious music now while I'm writing this comment. The music is very soothing. I love it! It's very natural that from time to time we may feel our faith is not strong enough. I think you did the right thing to strengthen your faith. Reading Bible and praying will definitely help. Praying is very powerful, and God will answer our prayers. Probably the three "angels" who helped you during your down time in the past several days exactly showed that God was answering your prayers. So cheer up, my friend. There will be rainbows after storms. -:)

    Thanks again for sharing the excellent blog. Blessings to you! -:)
    Bao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bao-san -^^-

      I see you here in Teiska-san's place again! Sir, you're such a W O N D E R F U L friend, and I salute you! -^^-

      I wish you a good week-end, too and see you soon -^^-

      - Michiko

      Delete
    2. Hi Bao,

      Always nice to see you here, my friend. Thank you very much for your nice comment. I think we have very similar faith. :)

      Yes, I also think it is just natural that our faith is weak sometimes. I'm glad you also liked that Orthodox Christian music. It is really soothing and relaxing to hear, yep. "Good for the soul", like my David Wong used to say.

      My friend, thank you for being the "fourth angel" for me. :) Blessings to you and your loved ones!

      Teisuka

      Delete
  2. Dear Tembo-san -^^-

    Happy saturday! I hope this comment finds you in a better state of mind. If you aren't, may I share with you some REALLY hot and humid air?? -_- Hehe~ Temperature here just hit 35℃ and I'd love to go hide inside my fridge! But unfortunately.. the fridge's too small for me :))

    I love the beautiful icon! How amazing are the colours! -^^- I'm sure it will bless you and keep you safe. Believe, Tembo-san, and it shall be!

    True Friends are Angels in disguise and they are the Stars that guide our way in the deepest of our blackest nights. Amen.

    Genki dashite, Tembo-san, and have a peaceful and calm week-end!

    *Small yeeeeeee-HA!*

    <3
    - Bonnie D'Kunoichi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bonnie-chan,

      Happy day! -^^- Thank you for the heartfelt and beautiful comment. My friend have been here the whole weekend, that's why my reply is late. I am ok, I hope you too. Oh, there is really hot in Japan (35 ℃). We have only 23 ℃ here in Western Finland, and that is nice.

      I'm glad to hear you like that icon. Thank you, Bonnie-chan! I know Japanese are estheticians --> always appreciate beautiful things. ^^

      "True Friends are Angels in disguise and they are the Stars that guide our way in the deepest of our blackest nights." That is truly beautifully said ~ amen!!

      Yeeha, and happy weekend to you, my dear Ju-kubokkusu-chan! ^^

      Tembo

      Delete