Friday, December 7, 2012

My YouTube Channel is in Danger Now!


Lately, I've got two copyright strikes on YouTube, regarding these videos: Gao Sheng Mei - Ai shang bu hui jia de ren and Teresa Teng - Ji duo chou (Sorrows). Both these videos are removed now. According the YouTube rules, "YouTube takes copyright infringement very seriously. If you receive three copyright strikes, your account and all videos uploaded to that account will be removed."
(http://www.youtube.com/t/copyright_strike)

This actually means that my channel is in big danger now and can be terminated anytime. Next copyright strike can come today or tomorrow... and then my channel will be history! Yes, this is a situation now, and I am very worried. [Sigh...] (_ ) YouTube is really too harsh these days. Actually, we can not legally upload anything else but our own images/videos or our own compositions and speeches. These are the rules...

If you want to save some of my YouTube videos, you can copy them on your own PC by using some program or free online web service.

P.S. The comment sections on my blog are available again. 

Update: On December 8, 2012, I removed 27 (!) videos from my old YouTube channel. I did it to save my place. On that same day, I created a new account named http://www.youtube.com/user/TeisukasNewPlace. It is my second channel and "backup store" where I'm going to re-load my old "risky" videos little by little. Please, visit my new channel and subscribe it, if you want to get my old videos back. Thank you very much for your support. I really appreciate that! ~Teisuka (11th of December, 2012)

 
My idol: "wannabe samurai" called Kikuchiyo (Toshiro Mifune)
in the movie 'Seven Samurai' (Japan, 1954). When I'm sad,
I often watch this movie - like tonight... 

7 comments:

  1. Dear Clyde-san
    Moshi, moshi, are you there? Stop watching the movie and let's go get our horses, whips, whiskey (for you) and ice tea (for me). We should probably go rob McDonald's, or Kentucky friend chicken, or some random beauty parlour.. or rob a bank instead! :))
    I know it must be a big shock, knowing your channel is now hanging on by a thread, which could break any second :( I don't even know what to say, have no wise words to share and can't even REALLY mean 'Be careful!' when I say that to you!How do we know which video, which song, which movie clip that you had used had violated the thingamajig copyright thingy!!!! All I can say is bring forth your contingency plan, NOW! Prepare for the worst and have all your videos copied and reloaded before anything else happens. You already know that the third strike will be deadly and SILENT!
    Heads up, Samurai-sama, forward, march! Go, go, go.. prepare your channel now, now, now!
    Jya ne, Clyde-san.. cheer up and face thy enemy with courage and strenght, which I know you have in abundance!
    Again, good luck, and smileeeee~ -^^-
    - Bonnie The Kunoichi lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bonnie-chan,
      Haha. Yes, I am here. Many thanks for your nice comment. You're always so fun and bracing. Hontou ni arigatou! ^^ I watched that movie last night, and now I'm working harshly and preparing my channel (many videos removed already)... "Exodus" is going on! Actually, I already created a new channel, but I will reveal it later (soon)... (^_~) I'll do my best. Again, thanks to you, my lively little sister Bonnie-chan, and have a nice evening. Blessings and oyasuminasai! ^__^
      Clyde (hehe)

      Delete
  2. Hi Teisuka,

    I'm really sorry for your YT situation, and I've become a bit worried too. I have a number of TT songs on my "To-upload" list, but I have to be really careful now, and this put me in a great dilemma. Some songs recorded by TT earlier in her career have not been copyrighted, but in my personal opinion, they are not as good as the ones she sang during the peak time of her career in the 1980s. If I upload her more famous songs, then I'm afraid that I will be in a similar situation as yours. Now I think I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed. Have a nice week! :)
    Bao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bao,

      Thanks a lot for your comment and faithful support, my friend. You know how much I appreciate that! :) I completely agree with you, regarding Teresa's songs. Later career is better. Some early songs are cute but not her best productions. Yes, be careful with your coming uploads but I think you don't need to be TOO worried. ^^

      Let me tell you something honestly: a major reason to all my problems on YouTube is my way to use MOVIE clips! Yes, I've received all copyright warnings from a visual content which I have used. Actually, Mosfilm (Russia) is the only film studio that has given me a permission to use their movie clips. Glory to Russians, and I am very grateful for that! ^^

      So, when you make your TT videos, I think it is more safe to NOT use movie clips. I took a risk, and now my channel is in danger. Anyway, you don't need to stop making your lovely videos, Bao. Just be careful with visual content. Okay?

      Have a nice week to you, my friend. See you again. :)

      Teisuka

      Delete
    2. Hi Teisuka,
      Thank you for your advice, which is very important. I'll use caution in making my future music videos. :)

      Best,
      Bao

      Delete
  3. Hi Teisuka,

    Very sad news! I have downloaded some of your videos.

    You must have spent a lot of time, effort and thought into making your videos - they are works of art. Thank you for sharing and Blessings to you.

    g2kdlj



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello 'G',

      谢谢,欢迎。与您分享。 Thank you for your compliment. Yes, I have spent many weeks to making those videos (usually two days per video). It was hard to remove them all and lose all lovely comments I have received over the years... It's like destroying a happy memories and feels like the sin! >< Now I do appreciate every subscriber and supporter of my new channel. Blessings to you, too.

      Teisuka

      Delete