Sunday, September 30, 2012

Michaelmas (The Feast of Saint Michael the Archangel)

Today is Michaelmas Day in Finland. Michaelmas (Finnish: Mikkelinpäivä, Russian: Михайлов день) is the feast of Saint Michael the Archangel. Angels are important to me, and I really believe in them. So early this morning, I went to the church (Mass) to celebrate the archangel's feast. I also lighted a candle and prayed for my loved ones, friends and relatives, who all have their own battles and troubles.

Regarding the angels, I want to quote the Bible:

"You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day; nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that wastes at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it will not come near you. For he will give his angels charge over you, to guard you in all your ways." (Psalm 91)

Angels for everyone! :)

One of my icon: Archangel Michael.
This icon (religious work of art) is bought
from Rhodes, the Greek island.

No comments:

Post a Comment