Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Danger of a New World War Still Exists

People are too smart to create killing machines.

Frankly, I am very depressed at the moment. I am worried about the world situation and a new Cold War. World is such a crazy place currently. Peaceful people turn aggressive and warlike and stop treating each other as human beings. From time to time, millions of people shout everywhere, "Kill them, destroy them, kill them all!" Kill or destroy who? Someone says Muslims, someone says Ukrainians, or Russians, or Americans, or  so on... There are many groups or nations that hate some other group or nation. This happens everywhere, and it is very dangerous. This world is too full of wrath. We know where it took us in the 1930s.

I have read a lot of history, too much history, especially tons of military history. Therefore I am able to recognize the "mechanisms of war". At times I think the current era is too much like the 1930s. Maybe two more years, and The Big War breaks out again? I hope I am wrong, I really hope so!

The Bible says about the end of time, "You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. - - Nation rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. - - At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other. - - Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold" (The Gospel of Matthew, chapter 24). This is very serious prophecy, and it is two thousand years old.

We don't need a new Cold War. We don't need a new arms race. We don't need stupid military blustering or new confrontations between the West and the East. It is dangerous and narrow-minded. There are good and bad people in every country and within every nation. We all have a common country, the Planet Earth. Black and white thinking or being racist or nationalist is not intelligent or wise at all.

For my part, I pray peace for the world, and I wish love and peace to all my friends around the world. Let's be the peace people all of us, okay? Being angry or full of wrath is not good for anyone's soul. The Bible says, "In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry" (The Epistle to the Ephesians, chapter 4). What a good advice, isn't it?

So keep calm and make peace, not war!

From Finland with love and peace,

Teisuka

P.S. Lastly, I link here one touching anti-war song called Where Have All the Flowers Gone, originally a melancholic Russian folk song. The first three verses were written by Pete Seeger in 1955. Additional verses were added by Joe Hickerson in 1960, which turned it into a circular song. Some lines were taken from the traditional Cossack folk song Tovchu, tovchu mak, referenced in the Mikhail Sholokhov novel And Quiet Flows the Don (1934). Please check out this touching song and video. Very appropriate at this time. Indeed, I wonder where have all the flowers gone... has the cold winter killed them all?


6 comments:

  1. Hi, Teisuka! You are right. We don't need neither Cold nor Hot War. I believe that even most of ukranian, russian and american soldiers don't want it. Ukranians were sent by oligarchics to kill their brothers in Donbas just because they want to speak russian language and keep their culture. They started bloody civil war just because it is their interest not the interest of ukranians or russians. Unfortunately war is a profitable affair for those oligarchics and for their patrons in america, thats why biblical prophecy is coming true there and in many other places of the world.

    But Love will finally win a victory :)

    I wish You to live in peace forever!
    Victor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Victor!

      Many thanks for being here and for your profound comment, and sorry for my late reply. I really appreciate to read your opinion and "the Russian truth". See, we have to read so different news here in the "west". I know there is always many sides and many truths especially concerning the civil wars like Ukrainian situation is. Anyhow, this war is very sad and not necessary. I hope there will not be a war between Russia and Finland never again. And I believe, it will not happen. Peace and love to you and your loved ones, my friend! :)

      Teisuka

      Delete
  2. Hi Teisuka,

    Very glad to see your new blog entry and thank you for sharing your worries about the current world situation. I agree with you that this world is full of biases, racism and belligerent exchange of words between nations. I hope all these negative things won't escalate into a new cold war or a world war. Just like you, I'm also praying for world peace. I think we should leave everything in God's hands and trust Him. He will take care of everything when the timing is right.

    Also thank you for sharing the anti-war song, which is really good. I like it. -:)

    Hope everything has been going well for you, my friend. I think it's pretty cold now in your area. Please keep warm even though you love winter. -:)

    Wish you all the best in all your endeavors. How is you Russian class going?

    Enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend! -:)

    Bao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bao,

      Thank you very much for visiting and for your great peace message here. I really appreciate it, and I am glad to see we share the same views. :) I like especially these wise and comforting words which you wrote: "I think we should leave everything in God's hands and trust Him. He will take care of everything when the timing is right." Amen. That is the point, indeed!

      My Russian studies are going well. I'm studying diligently, I learn new things every week, and I am very motivated. :)

      You too, have a wonderful weekend ahead, my dear friend. Blessings to you and yours! :)

      Teisuka

      Delete
  3. I agree with your sentiments Teisuka, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us..........come what may we remain brothers........Glenn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glenn,

      Many thanks for being here today and for your friendly comment. I'm glad you agree with me. For sure, we remain brothers whatever happens in this crazy world. Friendship knows no boundaries. Peace and blessings to you and yours, brother! :)

      Teisuka

      Delete