Saturday, March 15, 2014

Are We Living in the End Times?

Is the time running out for the planet Earth?

The Bible teaches about the end times, meaning the time before the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. A few days before his death, Jesus spoke to his disciples about the signs of His second coming and the end of the present age. I want to take some quotes from this speech according to The Gospel of Matthew chapter 24, and The Gospel of Luke chapter 21. Please read them carefully and ask yourself: Is He talking about the time we are living in right now? In any case, everything is in God's hands. He is the Lord of history. Faith in Him can bring us peace and safety.

This is what Jesus Christ taught two thousand years ago:

"Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven."

"At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

A burning tank in the Syrian civil war.

The earthquake and tsunami in Japan in 2011.

"If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you ahead of time."

"So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. ... So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

A meteor exploded over Russia in 2013.

"The stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies
will be shaken." (The Gospel of Matthew 24:29)

6 comments:


  1. I must say that it’s always fascinating but in a same time scary to speculate with these things. Nevertheless in my opinion things in our world have gone much worse in this millennium. I guess that world is heating up in a similar manner, that it was before the First World War.

    Nations are competing, which one can get most of the wealth and resources. And in a same way normal people are gluttonous, wanting to get more and more wealth, fame and social status. Racisms and discrimination are rising their ugly heads once again.

    There have been many bloody civil wars and revolutions, implying that world is not a safe and steady place right now.

    There have also been many natural disasters in recent years. I guess that global warming is propably a good explanation to some of them, but definately not to all of them.

    We live dangerous times here in our planet. But because I'm tending to be an optimist, I would say that humanity could prevail eventually. And if the world's end shall come in our lifetime, we would just have to accept it. The important thing is to believe in better future, whatever happens.As long as there is faith, there is also salvation, even when the Judgement Day comes.

    With best wishes,

    Doyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doyle,

      Many thanks for your wise words. I agree with you, these things are scary but fascinating at the same time. This time is also similar to the 1930s. Somehow the whole world is going crazy...

      What comes to the global warming, I'm not sure about it, but I do believe in climate change anyway. Some Russian scientists say that instead of warming, there is a new ice age coming.

      Well, I'm an optimist, too. As a Christian, I believe that all is God's control. Finally, a new better world is coming. All the best to you and yours, my friend. :)

      Best wishes,

      Teisuka

      Delete
  2. Hi Teisuka,
    I'm very happy to see your new blog article. It has been quite a while since you posted your last article. Hope everything has been going well for you. You must have been busy lately. How is your work? Hope it is still your dream job. Ha ha...maybe another film will be shot at your museum? -:)

    Thank you for sharing this very important part of the scripture. Actually, I haven't given much thought to when and how our world will end. It's true that there have been lots of unpleasant or even tragic things going on lately in our world, and it's definitely not a good sign. I think we just need to leave everything in the hands of the God while we keep our faith in Him. Our God is merciful god, and I believe things will work out the best for us. So just like you, I'm also an optimist. Ha ha...-:)

    The spring is finally on its way here in NYC though the weather is still kind of cold to me. I really look forward to warmer days now. Actually I've not been very happy this winter, partly because of the cold weather. Of course, there are some other things in my life that did not go my way. Most of them are no big deal, but they did affect my mood. I think I need to have a stronger faith in God and keep praying, then hopefully I will have a peace of mind.

    Thanks again for your excellent blog article, my friend. May you enjoy the new week and be always optimistic! -:)

    Best wishes,
    Bao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bao,

      Many thanks for your great comment. I'm happy to hear you like my article and glad to see you here, my friend. I'm okay, thank you for asking. You guessed right, I've been busy lately. So much things to do, so little time... Haha. Yes, I still love my job, since I love history and museums. :)

      There is no new film coming, but these days, a war-themed play is presented in the museum (8 presentations during the spring). The play is set in the year 1939, and it's scary how it reminds the present day... Huh! You know the saying, "history repeats itself". Actually, I am very, very worried about the situation in Ukraine. I have read too much war history and the history of the Soviet Union, Russia and Crimea, and this situation does not look good. They are playing very dangerous game at the moment. In my opinion, even World War III is possible now. That's the reason why I wrote this article...

      Just like you, I also want to be an optimist, but I am a realist too (perhaps a little pessimist as well, sometimes). Anyway, I do believe that everything is in the hands of God and He is a merciful God, amen. Let's hope the best...

      Keep your faith and be well, my friend. I wish all the best to you and your family, and I also remember you in my prayers. :)

      Best wishes,

      Teisuka

      Delete

  3. Hi, Teisuka! Evidently we live in last times, though nobody knows how long it will last, and to what extent hatred and other passions will be flared up before the end will come. Only God knows that. Even apostles thought that they lived in last times. Indeed today all those signs of His second coming are around us. When hatred between nations increases we have nothing to do but to pray. May God alleviate sufferings of mankind!

    Best wishes,
    Victor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victor,

      Thank you very much for your wise comment, my friend. I really appreciate that. I see, we share the same faith regarding the eschatology. Yes, only God knows when the end will come. I join your opinion and prayer, "When hatred between nations increases we have nothing to do but to pray. May God alleviate sufferings of mankind!"

      Let's pray and hope there still would be peace on Earth, and good will toward men. This is a critical time.

      Blessings,

      Teisuka

      Delete