Monday, August 5, 2013

The Night When Heaven Touches Earth


On this foggy night
for the first time I light
the lantern on my balcony.

I feel: someone far away
is thinking of me
and praying for me.

Suddenly I get my soul back,
again I'm thinking of her
and praying for her.

I pray, "O God, bring us together one day."
And He says, "I've done it already tonight,
your prayer was the cloud in which you met."

A poem by Teisuka (August, 2013)


Explanation: Actually, the fog which was mention in the beginning is just a cloud close to Earth's surface. Symbolically, the fog refers to the afterlife (the hereafter) or the presence of God. It also means that heaven comes down, heaven touches Earth. Loosely related to this is Revelation 5:8, which says that there are "golden bowls [in Heaven] full of incense [holy smoke], which are the prayers of the saints".

The Bible also says, "we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us" (Hebrews 12:1). This verse talks about the spirits or deceased persons around us. They can pray for us, and we can pray for them. Besides, we pray for the living "in Spirit". Prayer knows no limits of time and space. God is eternal. To Him, everything is now. The human spirit is also immortal. Christ says, "He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive" (Luke 20:38).

This is not a love poem, but a religious and spiritual poem. It tells about the relation which is pure and sacred, free from all worldly and vain attachment. In the kingdom of heaven, there are no distances, no matter of time or place. Two souls – we can call them spiritual siblings – can meet each other in "the cloud" which means the presence of God. In other words, prayer is a bridge which can connect two people not only to God but also to each other as the members of the universal Church.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Teisuka,

    Thank you for such a beautiful poem. I love it very much even though I may not have fully understood it. I'm sure somebody is always praying for you out there, and at the same time the God will also answer your prayers. Now I believe in the power of prayers even more. From the recovery of my wife from depression, I've seen the power of prayers. Many people in my church have prayed for her, and I believe you also prayed for us. Thank you, my friend.-:)

    I hope you are doing fine in your world. I know that we all have to deal with different kinds of troubles from time to time, but I think we can eventually overcome them with the help and guidance of God. He won't leave us alone. So let's all keep praying to God.

    Thanks again for your nice poem. May you have a wonderful start of the new week and enjoy life each and every day. Blessings to you! -:)
    Bao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bao,

      Thank you very much for your wonderful comment and blessings, my dear friend. I'm glad you liked this little poem. It is very personal for me, and based on my own experience on August 3rd. I always like to use figurative or symbolical expression in my poems. And yes, I know someone who is committed to pray for me every day. I am also committed to pray for this person every day, so we have an "agreement". :)

      At times, we can feel the power of prayer very clearly. I'm glad to hear about your experience. It strengthen my faith, too. Yes, I have also prayed for you and your wife (the last time, just few minutes ago).

      Indeed, we all have our own battles and troubles, but we can support each other and trust to God and his good guidance. I agree with your comforting words, "He won't leave us alone. So let's all keep praying to God." I also like this Bible verse, "Practice carrying each other's burdens. In this way you will fulfill the law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2).

      I wish you a wonderful week too, my friend. Blessings and all the best to you and your wife! :)

      Greetings from hot and sunny Finland,

      Teisuka

      Delete
    2. Hi Teisuka,
      Thank you for praying for my family. I will also keep you in my prayers.
      Today I found some Russian church music on the Chinese website where I posted some of your videos. There are altogether 22 songs, which are quite soothing. Here I'd like to share them with you, and hope you like them. -:)

      http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/music/686393.html

      Wish you all the best! -:)
      Bao

      Delete
    3. Hi Bao,

      Thank you very much for your prayers, my friend. I appreciate that! Also big thanks for the web link you shared with me. Yes, I really like those beautiful and soothing songs! Many of them are new for me, some are familiar. I am very glad to note that there are also two videos of my friend Nika in this playlist! :)

      Again, thank you for making my day, and blessing to you and your loved ones, Bao! :)

      Teisuka

      Delete
  2. Hi, Teisuka! Very nice poem! The power of prayer is infinite and the ties of spiritual friendship or brotherhood are stronger than any other bonds of material world.
    May God bless You and keep You safe!

    Victor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Victor.

      Thank you very much for your kind visit and wise words. Spasibo! I completely agree with you what comes to the power of prayer and spiritual brotherhood.

      Thank you also for the blessings. I really need it now, since I slightly injured yesterday. My right leg is so painful that I can not walk with it... I hope it'll be fine.

      You too, may God bless You and keep You safe, my spiritual brother!

      Teisuka

      Delete