Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Summer Has Come to Finland

Greetings from very sunny and warm Finland! I just came from the beach. It was the sixth time this spring when I was swimming. Weather is really nice, temperature is 25 ºC (77 ºF). The sun is shining almost without a break. Lenght of day is now over 19 hours, so we have no night at all. I add here some photos which I have taken from my hometown. Pictures are not brand  new, I took them some years ago but in the same time of year. (Click the photos to see them bigger.) I hope you like my city. ( ̄ー ̄) Teisuka

 View from the tower of the church.

 The river flows through the city. Water is very clean.

 My favorite swimming place. This picture is taken from the pier.

Beautiful birch trees on the river bank.

Summer nights are light. Night view from my balcony.

The hot air balloon and powered paraglider in
flight. The photo is taken from my balcony.

6 comments:

  1. Nice place and nice images :)
    thanks for sharing for us.
    have a wonderful day^^

    Nika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nika,

      Thank you very much for the nice comment, my dear friend. So Happy to see you here. Besides, I'm glad you like my hometown. You're always welcome to visit here. ^^ This was a wonderful day, indeed, and now it's time to go sleep... (-__-) ZZzzz... Good night to Moscow! (^.^)ノ I wish you a wonderful rest of the week, Nika!

      Teiska

      Delete
  2. Hi Teisuka,
    Thank you for sharing these nice pictures. From them, I think summer is really a wonderful time in your area. I kind of envy you. Ha ha...very glad that you've swam quite a few times this year, and I think it should be good to your health. So keep it up! -:) Thanks again, and have a nice weekend! -:)
    Bao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Bao.

      Thanks a lot for your kind comment. Glad you like my pictures. You're right, summer is very nice time in my area, in this small, green town. :) Swimming is one of my precious hobby. Oh, but you don't need to envy me, since you live in a legendary New York City. I envy you, my friend! Haha. Happy weekend to you and your loved ones! :)

      Teisuka

      Delete
  3. Hiya Clyde-san

    Wow.. lovely, SUNNY Finland for a change! You live in a beautiful town, Tembo-san and I saw where you go swimming! Have you ever gone skinny-dipping there?? hehe and have you ever gone up in one of them hot air balloons?? -^^-

    Thank you for sharing, brother and I wish you a fantastic, fun filled (swmming!) week-end!

    - Bonnie D'Kunoichi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Michiko D'Kunoichi-chan,

      Thank you very much for visiting and for your compliment. Glad to hear you like my town. Yes, this is beautiful and green little town (population 59,632). :)

      Oh, I don't know what is "skinny-dipping". Haha. A strange word for me... Solly. ^^ I haven't ever gone up in hot air balloon. Not YET. See, it is one of my dream since childhood, when I first time saw TV series "Captain Nemo" aka "The Mysterious Island".

      Again, thanks for your nice comment, dear Bonnie-chan. I wish you a wonderful weekend! Ittekimasu! -^^-

      Tembo the Clyde

      Delete