Saturday, July 21, 2012

Something about the Orthodox Church



The picture above is taken in the Orthodox Church in the city of Lappeenranta (Finland), named The Church of the Protection of the Mother of God. I visited that church for many years ago when I lived in the East Finland near the border of Russia. I lighted one tiny candle and I prayed... That was long ago, and my prayer never came true. Anyway, in these days I'm praying again, a personal prayer.

Regarding prayer generally speaking, please check out the video below. It's an old, heavenly beautiful Russian Orthodox Christian prayer or song called Jesus Prayer. One sentence be repeated again and again. In English language it goes: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner." That's all. Very simple and short. But this is very powerful prayer, like a Christian mantra. Powerful how? If you feel you have lost your peace of mind, or your mind is troubled, or if you need forgiveness, in these cases this prayer (song) gives you a peace of mind, it calms down your restless heart and bring you mercy. 

Have a blessed weekend to everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment