Monday, March 25, 2013

From Desert into Garden


I'm not an actual poet, but from time to time I like to try to express my heart and thoughts with poetry. Poetry is the shortest and most succinct form of literary art, not so easy literature but not also too difficult if we just allow freedom to our spirit. Poetry does not need to be too regimented. There are many "schools" in poetry, but style can be also completely free. The most important thing is thought or feeling, and they are universal issues regardless the language.

My poem is written in a quite classical style including the rhymes. In this poem, I used Biblical metaphors and symbols, such words like desert, garden, thirst, and bowl. So, by knowing something about the Biblical usage, you can understand the meaning of my poem. For example, "the sun" is a symbol of Christ in the Bible, but we humans can also see Christ in each other (The Gospel According to Matthew 25:37-40). Similarly, we can sometimes be an angels ("messengers of God") to each other.

Thanks to my friend for the Russian translation.

From Desert into Garden

In the heart of the desert, in the heat of the day,
all alone I was dying of thirst and lost my way.
A humble angel came and filled my empty bowl,
she was wounded for my sake to restore my soul.
Now she is the sun whom my planet is revolving around,
in the heart of the desert is a sacred garden I have found.

Teisuka (12th of March, 2013)

A direct Russian translation by Gilmore:

Из пустыни в сад

В сердце пустыни, в жаре дня,
в одиночку я умер от жажды и потерял мой путь.
Безропотный ангел приехала и наполнила мою чашу,
она получила рану для меня, спасти мою душу.
Сейчас она солнце, й планета моя о ней вращать,
в сердце пустыни есть священное сад, которого я нашёл.


1 comment:

  1. Mr. Bao's comment:

    Hi Teisuka,
    This is really a beautiful poem. In our life, everyone needs such an angel, and everyone should have his or her sacred garden. It seems that you have found yours. -:) Hope you are doing well and enjoying the week.
    Bao

    My reply to Bao:

    Hi Bao,

    Thanks a lot for your kind words, my friend. Again, you got the point of my poem. :)

    In this poem, I used a religious glossary and Biblical symbolism, words like desert, garden, heat, day, thirst, way, angel, bowl, soul, the sun, sacred, heart... I love "Biblical language". At the same time, this is very personal poem from my life.

    Enjoy your week, too, my friend. Again, thank you for visiting. I really appreciate that. :)

    Blessings,

    Teisuka

    ReplyDelete